Coconut Encrusted Chicken
Almond flour ½ cup
Coconut flour ¼ cup
Eggs 4 extra large
Hazlenuts 8 oz
Clarified Butter ¾ cup
salt and pepper
1. Set oven to 350 degrees and place hazlenuts on a baking sheet for 12 minutes.
2. Take hazelnuts out of oven and remove the skin. Then place nuts in a food processor or blender until you have small chopped bits. (You don’t want hazelnut flour. )
3. Beat the chicken down until each breast is about ¼-½” thick.
4. Combine ½ cup almond flour, ¼ cup coconut flour, 1 tsp each, salt and pepper. We will call this MIX 1
5. In another dish, mix your chopped hazelnut particles with ¼ cup of almond flour and ¼ cup of coconut flour, plus ¼ cup of pulverized shredded coconut. If you can find this, buy the shredded coconut (unsweeted) and put them into a blended. We will call this MIX 2
6. Prepare your egg bath with 4 wisked eggs in a shallow wide dish.
7. Dust your flattened chicken breast with the mix 1, dunk in the egg wash and finally, sprinkle lovingly with MIX 2.
8. Take ¾ cup clarified butter to medium heat, add chicken breasts. You want to brown the nuts and cook the flour a bit without drying out the chicken, about four minutes a side. Then enjoy your creation.